Thursday, December 30, 2021

Goal Number Two

 So my number 2 goal for 2021 was to expand the garden.
SUCCESS!!

Wow, did that ever happen. I canned over 200 jars this year. Jars of salsa, tomato sauce, pickled jalapenos, and home made Rotel. Plus I've been canning chicken as well. It's not home grown chicken, but it gives me a convenience food that doesn't freezer burn.

The garden was so productive (and painting the house was so time consuming) that I'm afraid quite a lot went to waste because I just couldn't handle it all.

Next year I'll do better. I won't be painting, so that should help in the time and energy department. All in all I was very pleased with how the garden did. I am also very pleased with my shelf of canned goods from the garden in the basement.
Makes me smile.

But that is not all; oh no, that is not all.
 
I usually have a weight loss goal in the number 2 slot. But I had just given up. I tried so many diets, so many exercise routines. Nothing seemed to work for me. So I made no weight loss goal last January. But in late May I ran across another diet strategy and decided to give it a try. I have lost 15 pounds!! Not very much, I know. But I went down, not up! And it's been slow. Excruciatingly slow. I know now what works for me. And I know how I could speed it up, but other things need my attention more. As long as I am steady or making progress, I am satisfied. But, golly, I am happy to finally have lost some weight. (It's intermittent fasting, if you want to know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment