Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A Little Game

I have this little game I play with myself. How many days this week can my car not leave the garage? It helps me to remember to combine errands. I do it to walk a little lighter on this earth, but it also saves me a significant amount of time. If I need to go downtown, even in my small town, I will burn at least half an hour. I still have things to do out and about just about every week day. Usually Saturday and Sunday, my car stays in its snug home.

Today (a Wednesday), however, I managed to stay home quite well. Last evening, I heard a loud crash in the garage. I thought our cat had knocked something over, but I couldn't find anything out of place. Then Mr. Wonderful hit the button to open the garage door, and it wouldn't. The spring on one side had broken with my car tucked inside. Repair man comes tomorrow. Today, my car did not move.

While I do like keeping car trips to a minimum, I do appreciate having the option to drive somewhere. I am looking forward to tomorrow's repairs. (And, yes, I do have two different trips planned for the day already.)

No comments:

Post a Comment