Friday, February 17, 2017

Science Museum


I have a few free days scheduled throughout Miss Adventure's school year. Last Friday was one of those days. She asked if we could visit the science museum. Sounded like a plan to me.

The traveling exhibit was on the ice age. There were life size replicas complete with moving heads and loud noises.
 

There was this giant beaver from that time. As big as my little girl. Sort of reminded me of Narnia. :-D

Along with the models, we had the real thing, too. A leg bone and tusk from a mammoth.

And a full skeleton of a mammoth.

Miss Adventure loves to play in the castle area.
(She actually asked to have this photo taken.) 

I love these small stones here and there on the three story wall.
 

Putting on a puppet show.
 


Since we live in a fairly agricultural area, the area dedicated to our home has a section of a combine with a screen over the windshield showing various harvests. My favorite was harvesting cotton. 


We ended our day with a trip to the dome theater for an ice age film. (Someone was getting a bit worn out.) These dome movies get to me now. I was glad when it was finished.

All in all, a fabulous break from the routine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment