Thursday, January 12, 2017

A New Year

Thank goodness for the turning of the calendar and a fresh start. The goals for this year will remain basically the same, but with a few tweaks. Maybe this year I will accomplish something. :-D

Resolution Number 3 - Declutter

This year, instead of just a vague goal of decluttering some, I want a bit of a plan. So I've decided to create monthly goals.
January - Linen closets.
I want to dig it all out, see what I've got, figure out what I need, get rid of excess, and fill in any holes. One good snowy day inside ought to be enough to accomplish this one.
February - pantry.
I want to clear out any expired stuff, wash down shelves, and make a few improvements on organization.
March - Pots, pans, and dishes.
This is a bigger task, but this is the month of spring break. My goal in tackling this is to have the things I use frequently easier to access. Then I have accumulated a lot of "still good, but I have something nicer" things. Some of these have gone with the children who have moved out, but too many remain. This year they're going.
That's the first quarter mapped out. I'll figure the rest out as I go.

Resolution Number 2 - Health

While I want to lose weight, putting a number on it last year seemed to jinx the whole thing. So I have decided to concentrate on a healthier living goal. This is going to be a little more complicated in that I want to make several smaller changes that will hopefully end up making a difference. I want to take Anna swimming at least once a week. I also want to walk 7 miles a week. I want to move even more towards organic whole foods. Not really certain what that will actually look like. Need to think on that some more. I'll figure it out.

Resolution Number 1 - Scrapbooking
       
So I'm not setting a certain number of years goal, but I do know what needs to happen next. This year I'm going to hook up the old computers in the basement to see if there are any pictures from the missing years. I have an old, larger sized memory card which I will get someplace to investigate this year. I will also send out a request to relatives who might have a few photos from the missing years. Perhaps I can piece together something from that time.
In addition to the hunt for the missing years, I resolve to get a particular dresser cleaned off so that I can set up my supplies on it. Trying to make the process easier to get out and put away, hoping to be able to do more short sessions.

There it is.
Hooray for a new year and a fresh start.
Peace out and remember -
Kindness Matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment